Monday, May 13, 2019

Monday, May 13, 2019: Day 9; Regua and Lamego

Our last full day. We will be docking in Caia this evening. Our shore excursion this morning was to Lamego. From the church, we decided to walk down the 686 steps to the city below.



























I found my prized souvenir from the trip, a cork bow tie.


We also tried the local sparkling wine. Very good.



We found a canary outside one of the shops. I sang to it, but obviously, it did not understand English canary songs.


That evening at dinner, due to all the time Stephen had spent with the crew in the lounge, he got an upgrade to honorary shadow captain and a salute from the crew. This was actually the idea of Maxine's friends who seemed to appreciate Stephen's outgoing manner.







Tomorrow my flight from Porto to Lisbon leaves at 6:00 am. A cab will arrive at 4:00 am to take me to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment